Employer of Record in Africa
Establishing a distributed remote team in Africa comes with challenges like hiring the right talent, managing their payroll, staying compliant with local laws, and more. These tasks are essential, but also very daunting.
With an Employer of Record (EOR) in Africa, you can now have a team of your own without setting up a local legal entity. Skuad is an Employer of Record that simplifies hiring and compensation of full-time employees in a foreign country.
Key Stats and HR Trends in Africa
Attracting the best talent is critical for capitalizing on Africa's economic expansion. The African continent's growth rates are likely to reach unheard-of heights. By 2050, the region's workforce will be larger and younger than that of China or India.
Africa's one-of-a-kind labor market
- It is critical for companies to consider cultural differences when hiring with purpose.
- According to our 2018 Talent Trends survey, including a stronger sense of purpose into the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) unlocks individual potential and motivates employees to be change agents.
- Employees seek mobility, learning, and experimenting in order to find meaning. If it is not accepted, they will seek it elsewhere.
- For example, 39 percent of South African employees who are content with their current jobs intend to quit owing to a perceived lack of development opportunities.
Africa as a Human Centric model
- Africa's economic potential is appealing owing to factors such as the richness of its natural resources, its young population profile, the growth of a middle class with more purchasing power, and rising urbanization.
- For these different reasons, international corporations are rushing to enter this market; nonetheless, they are sometimes misled into viewing Africa as a totally homogeneous continent or even a single country.
- In fact, it is a geographical collection of 54 nations with as many cultures, languages, currencies, and economic profiles as the United States, China, India, and all of Europe together, and whose surface area exceeds that of the United States, China, India, and all of Europe combined.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
How does an employer of record (EOR) work?
Skuad is an Employer of record in Africa, which serves as a Global HR Platform for companies looking to hire and pay remote talent. Partnering with an employer of record allows organizations to legally and effortlessly hire the best talent in Africa, without setting up a local legal entity. Skuad manages the hiring and onboarding of employees, runs payroll and provides statutory benefits, gives ongoing legal and HR support, and much more.
Skuad provides Employer of Record services in the following African countries:
Talk to our People Ops experts to discuss your requirements and see how Skuad can help. Book a demo today!