Hire in South Sudan
The economy of Sudan has boomed in the past few years on the back of an increase in oil production, high oil prices, and large inflows of foreign direct investment. Most of the citizens rely on agriculture, and there is limited planning by the government. The unemployment rate in South Sudan was 12.01%. The pandemic has hit everyone very badly, and since then, there has been a decline in the economic rate of South Sudan. South Sudan is mostly undeveloped and is in the stage of developing as a country. Though there are different job opportunities, you need to think a lot before working here in South Sudan.
Since the last few years, South Sudan has faced many issues such as violent crimes, robberies, and many other crimes, which is why people fear to work here. After the decade of independence, South Sudan's economy grew at an estimated rate of 9.5% in FY 2019/20. But, since the COVID-19 outbreak, oil prices have been falling gradually in the global market and are projected to contract by -4.1%. The economy of South Sudan is one of the most oil-dependent economies in the world.
Overview of South Sudan
The economy of South Sudan is mostly based on the oil production that takes place in the country. The oil production in South Sudan contributes more to the economy of South Sudan. South Sudan's main export is crude petroleum, and the other exports include gum. There are main causes that affect the economy of South Sudan, widening poverty and food insecurity. The country should focus more on development as it will help in eradicating poverty in the country.
Total Population: 11.1 million
Total GDP: US $34.37 billion
The economy of South Sudan is expected to decline since the COVID-19 outbreak, which also includes widening poverty and food insecurity at the household level. The GDP of South Sudan is said to increase in the coming years with approximately 5.33% growth. The experts in the field have stated that the GDP will increase based on certain factors, and the unemployment rate might decline in the coming years.
The pandemic has hit everyone very differently, with many people losing their jobs and livelihoods as well. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected various sectors, including different industries such oil, oil and non-oil sectors, and many different industries. However, in the recent study, the industry revenue is expected to increase at a certain rate and in the emerging sectors of the market.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
A brief glimpse of the industries
- As there has been a decline in the various sectors of the industries, the finance sector of South Sudan has witnessed a very bad hit, especially due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Between the years 2015-2018, South Sudan has experienced a decline in the economic rate. Also, the decline in the cash flow has led to a decrease in the revenue generated by the private sector.
- Also, the population in South Sudan has been increasing, giving rise to the issues of poverty. The demand for employment is increasing with the increase in the population. The focus is on healthcare services since the COVID-19 outbreak. However, the health services are trying their best to give the best services to their patients.
- South Sudan's chief export is crude oil and gold. When combined, South Sudan's most valuable exports account for up to 98.8% of the country's overall export. The industry revenue is expected to increase based on certain factors with an increase in the export.
- The internet has also been a boon to various industries, leading to changes in certain industries. The main export is focused on crude oil and gold, and therefore, the focus of the country is to increase the export of crude oil and gold. There are internet users in South Sudan, which helps them in getting the daily updates.
- Like many other countries, South Sudan has also witnessed a decline in the retail sector. There are many factors responsible for determining the retail sector, and therefore, there have been changes in the prices and the expenditure. The economic environment of South Sudan is also not stable.
Cost of living in South Sudan
South Sudan is ranked 177th out of 197 countries by the cost of living and the 192nd best county to live in. The individuals staying in South Sudan should make sure that they know everything about the place before staying there. The property rates keep changing according to the cities; sometimes they are high, whereas sometimes they are low based on certain factors. Given below is a table that will help you understand the expenses to live in the country.
Cost of Renting
The cost of living varies from one city to another and depends on the location and size they prefer to live in. One-bedroom apartment may cost you US $227, which also depends upon the area. The rent can also be increased, which will depend on the amenities available in the apartment and is subject to changes accordingly.
Cost of Living depending upon your location
The allocation of resources in different cities has resulted in different living costs for living in different cities according to your preference. The individual can choose where they prefer to live according to their choice and budget as well. There is no categorization such as Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III of cities in Sudan.
The top sectors that are expected to hire in 2021 in South Sudan are:
Top skills in South Sudan
The companies in South Sudan are very keen on hiring skilled individuals and professionals who are highly qualified in the particular field in various fields and soft skills. There are different job opportunities for individuals that are available in different fields.
Major skills and areas which have witnessed a recent growth rate
The cost of hiring is very important for employers when they are conducting the recruitment process. You need to think about several factors before deciding to hire new employees, such as:
- Time invested
- Opportunity costs
- Onboarding and training
- Interview and process of hiring
Salary structure for various roles
The salary structure varies from one profession to another based on different factors that determine the individual's salary. The salary that is paid to the employees is based on certain factors and is hiked after they complete a few years in the company. The salary is different based on every job profile.
Employment laws in South Sudan
To work in an organization, there are certain employment laws that the candidates should abide by to ensure smooth functioning in the organization. Certain factors such as work hours, penalties, etc. which differ according to the various industries. There are certain factors that regulate the following employment aspects:
- Extra work hours
- Workplace surveillance
- Paid and unpaid leaves
- Termination of employment
The law and regulations which look after the employment relationships in South Sudan are based upon
- Industrial instruments
- The common law
- Social security laws
How Can Skuad Help You with Hiring in South Sudan?
Conducting recruitments in South Sudan is a prolonged process that must be completed as per government laws. To ensure optimal utilization of your resources, you need to partner with experts in the industry. Skuad has a team of highly experienced consultants to take care of all your recruitment processes in South Sudan. Connect with Skuad Experts to know more.