Hire in Bahrain
Bahrain enjoys a developing economy that works on the principles of free market. It is ranked amongst the top nations in the world that offer excellent work opportunities for expats from across the world. Bahrain enjoys advanced communication and transport facilities which enable its multifunctional sectors to generate great profits. The unemployment rate is around 4.09%. Life in Bahrain is very comfortable for professionals. Though, it is a religious nation with very strict laws and rich culture. Bahrain has to offer numerous tourism opportunities despite its hot and humid weather.
Overview of Bahrain
According to a United Nations Economic and Social Commission report for Western Asia in January 2006, Bahrain is economically the fastest growing nation amongst the Arab countries. It is also one of the fastest-growing economic centers in the Middle East. The market in Bahrain is ruled by oil industries, petroleum industries, and aluminum manufacturing units.
Total population – 1.5 million
GDP – US $41.607 billion
The PPP GDP of Bahrain is noted to be around $78.760 billion (29.69 billion BHD) with a per capita income of $52,129 (19,653.96 BHD). But its nominal GDP is less at around $41.607 billion (15.69 billion BHD), and its per capita income is $27,538 (10,382.53 BHD).
The private sector in Bahrain is highly developed and is led by the oil and petroleum industry. It is one of the greatest exporters of oil, petroleum and oil and petroleum-based products to the world market. These industries account for 11 percent of the total GDP of Bahrain.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
A brief glimpse of the industries -
- The major industries in Bahrain are the oil and gas industries. The majority of the nation's profits are obtained from the export of products manufactured by these industries. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19, Bahrain has been earning great profits from this industry, being one of the few suppliers in the world.
- Tourism is one of the emerging and leading sectors of Bahrain. Bahrain has a rich culture and strong religious views. Tourists from all over the world visit Bahrain which creates numerous job opportunities. The restrictions due to COVID-19 have greatly affected the tourism sector of Bahrain.
- Bahrain is one of the fastest-growing financial centers in the world and has amazing opportunities to offer to talented and skilled individuals. The finance sector of Bahrain has seen steady and outstanding growth, which demands a positive rise in employment opportunities.
Cost of living in Bahrain
Bahrain has a hot and humid climate as it is located in the middle-east. The cost of living majorly includes the air conditioning costs. Bahrain is a beautiful Arab nation with strict religious beliefs.
Below are costs of different factors relating to living in a region:
||Area of expense
||Electricity, Water, Heating, Internet services, Prepaid mobile tariff
||US $232.44 (87.61 BHD)
||US $119.42 to US $371.57 (45.01 BHD to 140.05 BHD)
Apartment (1 room) in city and outside city,
Apartment (2-3 rooms) In the city and outside the city.
US $777.23 (292.95 BHD)
US $1,469.55 (553.9 BHD)
US $397.97 to US $1,326.55 (150 BHD to 500 BHD)
US $795.93 to US $2,387.79 (300 BHD to 900 BHD)
||One way ticket local transport, Taxi tariff, Gasoline.
||US $39.80 (15 BHD)
||US $31.84 to US $66.33 (12 BHD to 25 BHD)
|Food and Beverage
||Grocery, Vegetables, Meat and Poultry
||US $106.12 (40 BHD)
||US $66.33 to US $212.25 (25 BHD to 80 BHD)
|Salaries and Financing
Average monthly net salary
US $1,521.64 (573.53 BHD)
US $795.93 to US $2,653.11 (300 BHD to 1,000 BHD)
Cost of Renting
The cost of renting in Bahrain is very less than in the USA. The cost of renting depends on the area of your housing facility and the number of occupants. It also depends on the location and available amenities.
Cost of living depending upon your location
The cost of living in Bahrain depends on your location. The rural areas in Bahrain have a way cheaper cost of living than the metro cities. To relocate to rural Bahrain is an excellent choice.
- Cities categorized as Tier 1 cities are metropolitan cities like Manama, Riffa, Muharraq, Hamad Town, etc.
- Cities categorized as Tier 2 cities are upcoming centers like A'ali, Isa Town, Sitra, etc.
- Cities categorized as Tier 3 cities are locations with notable growth potential like Jid Ali, Sanabis, Tubli, Al Dur, etc.
Mentioned below are details regarding the cost of living in the leading Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities of Bahrain:
||(Cost of living) BHD
||(Cost of living)
The top sectors that are expected to hire in 2021 in Bahrain are: -
||Top Industries Looking to Hire
||Marketing and sales
||Graphic Design, animation
||Finance and accounts
Top skills in Bahrain
Bahrain has a free-market economy, and the major revenue-generating sector is the oil and petroleum industry. Bahrain is always in search of willing professionals and skilled workers from across the world. Finance officers, mine workers, farmworkers are some of the most in-demand job profiles.
Major skills and areas which have witnessed a recent growth rate
- Digital marketing
- Human Resources
Top skills city-wise occupation-wise
Every city in Bahrain has its own specialty. The employment opportunities are based on the location and what that location has to offer to the national economy. Some cities have a higher employment rate than others based on the working sectors in that city.
- Manama – Manama has the largest oil reserves in the nation of Bahrain. It is the only location having a major oil deposit in the country. These reserves boost job opportunities to the maximum. Skilled professionals are required for mining, manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, and many more sectors to design and conduct a successful export.
- Riffa – Riffa has great financial structures in the city. It is the major financial hub besides Manama in Bahrain. The finance sector in Riffa has excellent job opportunities to offer. Being at the center of the finance sector of Bahrain, Riffa offers a great quality of life.
The cost of hiring is a vital expenditure for a company. A company has to make sure they are not wasting their resources and making adequate use of the provided resources. The cost of hiring include –
- Time invested
- Interview process
- Orientation/Onboarding process
- Opportunity costs
Salary structure for various roles
The table below highlights the average salaries that are offered to employees in Bahrain according to different sectors:
||Average Annual Salary
|Education and Training
||US $56,343.14 (21,240 BHD)
||US $51,249.97 (19,320 BHD)
|Transport, Postal, Warehousing
||US $24,643.49 (9,290 BHD)
|Accommodation, Cafes and Restaurants
||US $31,513.96 (11,880 BHD)
||US $51,249.97 (19,320 BHD)
||US $35,015.51 (13,200 BHD)
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
||US $63,027.91 (23,760 BHD)
|Financial and Insurance Services
||US $15,916.14 (6,000 BHD)
|Information Media and Telecommunications
||US $29,285.70 (11,040 BHD)
||US $27,694.08 (10,440 BHD)
||US $32,150.60 (12,120 BHD)
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
||US $42,973.58 (16,200 BHD)
|Arts and Recreation Services
||US $38,517.06 (14,520 BHD)
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services
||US $59,367.20 (22,380 BHD)
|Administrative and Support Services
||US $28,012.41 (10,560 BHD)
|Health Care and Social Assistance
||US $70,349.34 (26,520 BHD)
|Public Administration and Safety
||US $16,778.21 (6,324.98 BHD)
||US $42,336.93 (15,960 BHD)
Employment laws in Bahrain
Bahrain has strict laws for all aspects of its functioning. Employment is no exception to that. A number of factors are taken into consideration while drafting employment laws in Bahrain. Some of those major aspects are –
- Working hours
- Juvenile employment
- Employment of women
The laws and regulations that govern the employment relationships in Bahrain are based upon
- Constitutional laws
- Social Security
- Religious beliefs
- Contracts/Agreements of employment
How Can Skuad Help You with Hiring in Bahrain?
Conducting recruitments in Bahrain is a prolonged process that must be completed in light of various laws passed by the government. In order to ensure optimal utilization of resources, you need to partner with experts in the industry. You can utilize Skuad’s unified employment platform to take care of all your recruitment processes with just one click. Connect with Skuad to know more.