Hire Microsoft SQL Server Developers
The relational database management system created by Microsoft is known as Microsoft SQL Server and acts as a database server. It is a software product that stores and retrieves data as demanded by other software programs operating on the same computer or another computer over a network (including the Internet).
Microsoft SQL Server has two main components. They are:
What is a Database Engine?
A Database Engine is the heart of the SQL Server. It has a relational engine that handles queries and a storage engine that handles database files, pages, pages, indexes, etc. It also creates and executes database objects like stored processes, views, and triggers.
- The relational engine has the components that decide the optimal approach to execute a query. The query processor is another name for the relational engine.
- The relational engine retrieves data from the storage engine and processes the results based on the input query.
- The relational engine performs query processing, memory handling thread and task monitoring, buffer management, and distributed query processing.
- The storage engine manages data storage and extraction from storage systems such as discs and SAN.
What is SQLOS?
The SQL Server Operating System, or SQLOS, is located in the relational engine and storage engine. SQLOS provides a variety of operating system functions including memory and I/O management. Exception handling and syncing services are also available.
Tools & Developing Technology of a Microsoft SQL Server Developer
Microsoft SQL Server is available in various editions with different features that can fulfill the requirements of users. They are as follows:
- Enterprise: The enterprise edition contains the core database engine and add-on services with many tools for creating and managing SQL Server cluster.
- Express: SQL Server Express is a scaled-down edition of the SQL Server. It is free and includes the core database engine.
- Standard: The standard edition contains the core database engine and standalone services.
- Workgroup: The workgroup edition contains the core database functionality, but the additional services are not present in the workgroup edition.
- Web: A web edition is a low-TCO option for web hosting.
- Business Intelligence: The business addition was created for corporate business intelligence, and its focus is on self-service. It contains the standard edition capabilities and business intelligence tools like BI semantic model, data quality services, PowerPivot, power view and master data services.
- Specialized Editions: There are a few specialized editions in Microsoft SQL server namely, Microsoft Azure SQL Database, SQL Server Developer Edition, LocalDB, SQL Server Embedded Edition, SQL Server Evaluation Edition, SQL Server Fast Track Edition, Analytics Platform System, Compact (SQL CE) and Data Warehouse Appliance Edition.
With SQL Server, Microsoft delivers both data management and business intelligence (BI) tools and services. It contains SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data Quality Services, and SQL Server Master Data Services for data management. SQL Server includes SQL Server data tools for database development and SQL Server Management Studio for database management, deployment, and monitoring (SSMS).
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) are available for data analysis. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) generate reports and display data visualizations.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Roles and Responsibilities of a Microsoft SQL Server developer
The roles and responsibilities of a Microsoft SQL server developer vary according to the seniority level and the position they are working in. Some of the expected roles and responsibilities of a Microsoft SQL Server developer are:
- Creation, development and maintenance of SQL databases
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for database applications
- Ensuring stability and good performance of the database
- Creation of scripts, functions, triggers, and procedures supporting the development of the application
- Supervising the security of data
- Creation of SQL queries that can be integrated with other applications
- Testing and debugging of databases
- Handling of day-to-day procedures such as database backup, upgrade, and recovery
- Creation of database tables, schemas, structures and dictionaries
- Creation of databases according to the requirements of the end-user
- Ensuring the quality and integrity of data
Requirements - Hard skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency in SQL
- Working knowledge of creating and modifying databases
- Ability to write advanced and complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with other programming languages like C++, Java and PHP
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Knowledge of cloud services like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, along with knowledge of SAP, is a plus
- Familiarity with big data technologies including Hive and Hadoop
- Familiarity with tools like SSRS and Tableau
Requirements - Soft skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethics.
- Good time management skills
- A keen eye for fine details
- Experience in writing proper database specifications for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Experience in SQL design, database troubleshooting, and MS SQL developer skills
- Experience with WPF controls
- Basic database performance tuning abilities including monitoring the database environment and adjusting system resources, queries, indexes, and other database objects
- Experience in implementing operational automation
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server, security delegation, SPNs, and storage components
- Process and procedure documentation abilities (creating KBs, runbooks, topology)
- Excellent understanding of indexes, index management, integrity tests, setup, and patching.
- Knowledge of how statistics operate, how indexes are kept, and how they may be efficiently built and handled
- Experience in backups, restorations, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, and database mirroring
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in debugging stored procedures
- Experience in database design and implementation
- Experience of working in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access as data sources
The salary of a Microsoft SQL server developer is determined according to the developer's experience, location, qualifications, and position. Experienced developers earn more than inexperienced developers. Looking at the current market trends, the salary of an entry-level Microsoft SQL server developer is around USD 50,000 per year. It is about USD 74,000 per year for a mid-level developer, and for a senior-level developer, it is around USD 103,000 per year.
Microsoft SQL Server Notebook Developer Certification
Knowledge of structured query language, or SQL, commonly known as MS SQL, is required for Microsoft SQL Developers. SQL is one of the most well-known and widely used database query languages. To set yourself apart from the competitors, a Microsoft SQL developer certification is effective.
Microsoft provides many categories of certifications for developers. The first step in the hierarchy is the MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 certification. For getting certified, you need to pass these three exams successfully:
- 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
- 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
- 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
Some of the other available certifications are:
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- MCSE: Business Applications
How Can Certification Help You?
The Microsoft SQL developer certification can help you brush up on your basics and further solidify them along with gaining new skills. The certificate serves as solid proof of your learning.
Companies looking out for Microsoft SQL developers give a lot of preference to certified developers. An official Microsoft certificate is an invaluable addition to your resume and increases your chances of being hired.
Skuad can help you in your hiring process for experienced and qualified Microsoft SQL server developers from around the world based on your requirements. With our help, you can easily find out top talent and hire freelance, full-time, or contract employees as per your requirements.
- The relational database management system created by Microsoft is known as Microsoft SQL Server and acts as a database server.
- Microsoft SQL Server has two main components: the database Engine and SQLOS.
- Microsoft SQL Server is available in various editions with different features that can fulfill the requirements of different users such as Enterprise, Express, Standard, Workgroup, Web, Business Intelligence and some other specialized editions.
- With SQL Server, Microsoft delivers both data management and business intelligence (BI) tools and services. It contains SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data Quality Services, and SQL Server Master Data Services for data management.
- Essential technical skills required are proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, proficiency in SQL, working knowledge of creating and modifying databases, ability to write advanced and complex SQL queries, Etc.
- Soft skills required are working well in a team, good communication skills, strong work ethics.
- The salary of an entry-level Microsoft SQL server developer is around USD 50,000 per year. It is approximately USD 74,000 per year for a mid-level developer, and for a senior-level developer, it is about USD 103,000 per year.
- To set yourself apart from the competitors, a Microsoft SQL developer certification is effective. Microsoft provides many categories of certificates for developers.
- Companies looking out for Microsoft SQL developers give a lot of preference to certified developers. An official Microsoft certificate is an invaluable addition to your resume and increases your chances of being hired.
We here at Skuad provide services to various sectors such as EdTech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & E-commerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and many more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR and efficiently manage your day-to-day operations related to overseas employees. So, you can focus exclusively on the growth of your business.
Talk to Skuad Experts Today!